Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates basic level competency regarding severe and prolonged mental health and substance abuse disorders through training and education.
- Provides work as a relief staff member when regular staff members are not available to provide care.
- Provides daily care under the direction of the regular staff members giving daily support of individual client needs and works with the rest of the team to develop treatment interventions as it pertains to each individual client.
- Carries out assistance with meal preparation, routine household chores, cleaning, laundry, shopping, financial management, identification of and participation in social/recreational and community activities.
- Provides competent recovery oriented services by the demonstration of: intervention and support, inclusion of family/friends/community, dignity and care, supportive counseling.
- Provides support with specific instruction and prompting in key areas identified by the treatment team (i.e. problem solving, coping skills, and interpersonal interactions).
- Provides assistance with arranging transportation to treatment and other community support outings and essential appointments.
- Functions as part of a treatment team in support of Clinical Case Management Services.
- Ensures that the program’s physical environment meets required regulations including a clean, safe, and welcoming atmosphere.
- Supports the processes for all contractual agreements, certifications or licensing regulations including but not limited to the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS).
- Actively participates in program meetings, clinical meetings, supervision and ad hoc work groups, as needed, in an effort to carry out the mission of the program.
- Supports positive outcome measures as defined by the state regulations and agency quality assurance processes. Insures program compliance through the timely and accurate reporting of data as needed.
- Consults and monitors medical and mental health needs regarding risk management. Implements risk management plans as necessary.
- Spends 80% or more of total scheduled work hours in the community
- Works in coordination with the agency Administrative Support Staff for proficient service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Timely completion on paper or electronic client case records with required documenting progress towards service goals and objectives.
- Documents all required encounters. Completes contacts and progress notes within 72 hours of encounter.
- Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
Oral Communication Skills Professionalism
Written Communication Skills Diplomacy
Technical Communication Skills Organization
Client-Customer Relational Skills Planning