This Program, located in Cromwell, CT, is a supervised apartment program designed specifically for men with significant risk histories. This Program first opened up in 2012 and currently has 5 men residing in the program. This program offers independent style living and privacy with 24 hour staffing. Opportunities for skill building are implemented as a result of the unique apartment style arrangement of the programs. This includes assistance with activities of daily living, conflict resolution, medication management, relationship building, money management, etc. These activities utilize therapeutic treatment approaches along with teaching that help to develop the skills that are necessary for an apartment style living arrangement.
Responsible for performing direct clinical and administrative support for a Residential service program, including case management, advocacy, education, and rehabilitative services.
Duties and Responsibilities
•Provides clinical knowledge regarding severe and prolonged mental health and substance abuse disorders through training and education.
• Carries an individual case load of no more than 4 clients. In some situations this could be reduced.
• Supports an effective program by implementing clinical services, best practice models of care and daily functions as required by contractual and regulatory bodies.
• Carries out all phases of clinical services, including intake, engagement, assessment, treatment planning, continued services, transitioning and discharge processes.
• Provides competent Recovery oriented clinical case-management services by the demonstration of: intervention and support, inclusion of family/friends/community, dignity and care, supportive counseling and medication self-administration where applicable.
• Provides support through Rehabilitation Option services for individuals needs such as: entitlements, nutrition, clothing, basic care skills, pursuit of personal interests, spirituality, relationships and finance management, where applicable.
• Functions as part of a treatment team providing coverage for other Case Managers’ case loads when needed.
• Ensures that the program’s physical environment meets required regulations including a clean, safe, and welcoming atmosphere.
• Supports the processes for all contractual agreements, certifications or licensing regulations including but not limited to the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and CARF.
• Actively participates in program meetings, clinical meetings, supervision and ad hoc work groups, in an effort to carry out the mission of the program.
• Implements and provides feedback to improve policies and procedures for programming.
• Supports and provides monitoring of positive outcome measures as defined by the state regulations and agency quality assurance processes. Insures program compliance through the timely and accurate reporting of data as needed.
• Consults and monitors medical and mental health needs regarding risk management. Implements risk management plans as necessary.
• Makes individual program percentage of required direct contacts per week.
• Spends 65% or more of total scheduled work hours with clients. Performs skill based group and individual work with clients, when applicable.
• Assists with other direct-care staff members’ orientation to the program.
• Works in coordination with the agency Administrative Support Staff for proficient service delivery.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Timely completion of assessment of client interests, strengths, abilities and preferences and other treatment planning documentation as required by program.
• Provides completed assessments, plans and supporting documentation both electronic and paper copy in the required time periods.
• Documents all required encounters. Completes contacts and progress notes within 72 hours of encounter.
•Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Oral Communication Skills Negotiations Professionalism
Written Communication Skills Diplomacy Entitlement Knowledge
Technical Communication Skills Organization Time Management
Client-Customer Relational Skills Planning Rehabilitative Counseling Skills
• Working conditions are based both in office and community/residential settings.
• Local travel.
• Possibility of exposure to outdoor weather conditions, unsanitary environments.
• Possibility of exposure to use of substances, vulgar statements, or hostile/dangerous situations.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee is required to be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Years of Experience
• Degree: Bachelors’ Degree in Human Service Field Required. Masters Degree Preferred.
• Number of Years of Experience: 1 Total
• Prior clinical experience in the field of mental health and addictions.
• Must maintain and provide proof of valid driver’s license and automobile insurance in good standing.
• Ability to provide leadership under stressful or crisis situations. Ability to problem-solve. Ability to meet deadlines and establish and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Medication Self-Administration Training
• Demonstration of ethical behavior and sound judgment that supports the NASW standard of care.
• Ability to travel to various agencies, businesses, and be with clients in the community, if needed.
• Use of personal vehicle.
• Able to work flexible hours when necessary.
• Must meet and maintain all required trainings, certifications etc. as needed.
• Uphold confidentiality by following the HIPAA regulations.